Wednesday 11 August 2010

Withdrawal / Mellowharsher - Split [Eradicate]

Got a few cassettes through the post/at shows these past few weeks so I'm going to post about them, I've noticed a lot more bands put out tapes and they're definitely more collectable than CD's.  This one is a split between Withdrawal (Canada) and Mellowharsher (California).  The bands couldn't be more apart musically, Withdrawal are fast, metallic and brutal holy terror stuff and Mellowharsher is pretty much indie shoegaze stuff.  It's a strange mix but one that is welcomed, I knew what Withdrawal were like after hearing their 7" and pretty much got this on the strength of those guys, the Mellowharsher side is real good, something I can imagine replacing bands like Bossk in my library now they're gone.

The tape itself I think is sprayed green, looks like the actual cassette was unscrewed and one half was painted which is a nice touch, the same with the back part of the case.  It's on Eradicate Records, never heard of them and can't find anything on trusty google about the label, seems they put out 2 records before this one.  Don't know how many were made, I'm sure as always, someone will fill me in.  According to the insert Withdrawal are doing a split with Rot In Hell, looks like my Withdrawal and Rot In Hell collection is about to get a little bigger.  One of the tracks they put on this tape is from the forthcoming split, nice teaser.

Edit, I like how the color scheme of this tape goes wll with the colour scheme of my blog, I'm in a hippy kinda mood today it would seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment