Saturday 14 August 2010

Limited covers

Quick one, as I mentioned in my post about Cold Snap's new record, I missed out on the limited cover they had available on their jaunt with The Hard Way due to me going to see the smug comedian Stewart Lee.  In an act of kindness I was able to acquire a copy from The Dave Mayes yesterday and I am very grateful.  The quality of the cover is actually a lot better than most limited covers, normally bands just chuck a photocopied piece of paper over the regular record (which I love by the way, that's not me being an opinionated fuck) but these guys have gone the extra mile and gotten them printed up on nice thick card stock.  Good work.

I got this number:

At the same show there was a Breaking Point/Wiretap cover available with artwork by Big Tom, I knew I'd be after one of these and Saker was kind enough to let me take one of the covers to go over one of the copies I already had.
I like it when special covers have the date of the show on it, even better when I'm actually at the show in question.  Notice the HMP, good touch if you're clued up.  Any Americans who read this will probably think us Brits are retarded and there's no 13th month, they're the days, it goes small, medium, large.  Take back the calendar, we invented the calendar.
I also managed to snag a release cover from the show in Newport the night before, always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment