Sunday 25 July 2010

Age Of Kali - Demo '06 [Rat Patrol]

Just a quick one, picked this up from Jesse Bad Aids when he was offloading his entire hardcore collection after dropping out, I didn't do a pre-order for the record due to me being on minimum wage and living with a retard.  I only had the standard black version (with insert).  Something always niggled at me to pick up the clear version but I never really looked out for it, so when it became available to me literally on a plate I had to take advantage.  Such a shame this band didn't finish recording their next record, but as they never released anything else I guess the riffs were fair game, Cold Snap can do what they want with them eh?  The spontaneity of the song writing for this is admirable, the whole thing was written and recorded in one evening, bar the vocals, I'd love to do that, maybe my next band we'll do something on the fly like that, one day, one day.  There is some choice lines in the lyrics about annoying trends which are still relevant today, but I'll let you seek it out for yourself, it's worth it, maybe someone has the mp3's they could upload and I'll put them here.

Anyway, enough of the music, on to the record itself, this is the pre order sleeve, Ugly Kid Joe homage with UKJ lyrics on the back.  Clear vinyl, number 62/100 (damn this was '06? Seems like yesterday it came out).  I love how the labels have nothing to do with the standard artwork, they say Thamthon monster of cats, I always meant to ask one of them about this but always forget, maybe now I've put it on here it'll remind me to ask.  The black should be easy enough to pick up on ebay, treat yourself, oh I forgot to mention, members of this band went on to be in Cold Snap and Rot In Hell, well the recording members did, they had a different drummer for a few shows, I think Jason Frye even busted out the drums to a Cold World cover once.  Great dane.

No comments:

Post a Comment